
Because they were such nice people, hence named "family", I got to celebrate Hari Raya in this western-dominated country where the government does not grant the minorities a day off. I skipped the entire day of school, cos' it's HARI RAYA damnnit.
I think the best part was not having to wear Baju Kurung! HOooooray to that. And they didn't even judged me! Not that people in singapore would....

The celebration came complete with Lontong, Vege. lemak, Serondeng (it's the brown coconut thing), Sambal telur. We even had Rose syrup and my all-time favourite Pineapple Tarts! Yippie. HOMEMADE ok! The only thing was... NO ANG POW. haha. But I daresay when I return, I have a stash of Hari Raya money awaiting me.

So. These are the ladies. Why no men, with the exception of the adorable Amree? That's cos' they're just not cute enough to worth mentioning. I'd have you know that Amree is the cutest babyboy I've seen here. Yes, cuter than those angmoh babies. He doesn't whine, cry, or smell. What more can u ask of a baby? And above all, he lets me kiss him smack on the cheeek. The babygirl Miara or Maira, is another darling. I had to literally instruct her to put her lips on my face and hold the pose before I could snap the picture. And for a 4-year-old, she's a photo who** and can rattle off in Australian-accented English at will. HOW COOL IS THAT?! Super-duper!
So you see...
1. I didn't miss out on a feast
2. I didn't miss out on having a fantabulous time
3. And I didn't miss out on Hari Raya, PLUS not having to doll up in Baju Kurung
However...
1. I did miss out on ANG POW (dunno whats it called in melayu)
2. I did miss out on family gatherings
3. And I did miss out on all the fun shopping in Malaysia
.
.
.
NEXT UP. My 21st birthday. Better be a blast girls. =)
posted by PURE @ 2:27 pm.