Melodramatic

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I was reading the online dallies when this caught my eye! If that really is the case, I would expect that by the time I graduate, my minimum starting salary should be some high-figured sum. I cannot believe the amount of journalists that have to die to finally prove the point that "Hey, we are a dying species, someone do fucking something!" Pilots and government officials are bringing in all the big bucks, I seriously do not see why journalists do not command such pay. Foreign correspondents, especially, posted to countries with unstable political issues should at least be promised security and be able to write and research in peace. Else, why would any normal soul be willing to put their lives out there just so people around the world can read about the happenings of these countries.

NWICO was started because developing countries felt that there was an imbalance in news coverage about their countries, and if coverage was given, it was mostly negative. I'm not saying that journalists are or are not trying to portray these countries in such light, but with all the killings of journalists while doing their craft in developing countries, it really is hard to sway the argument. But at the same time, coverage should also be given when due, such as improvements and the likes.


Italian journalist freed in Afghanistan
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/265033/1/.html


posted by PURE @ 11:32 pm.

melodramatic

archives

backtalk


Blog tracker