Melodramatic

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I just realise my firm addiction to my laptop, well rather the internet. It's being infected with this son-of-an-ass virus which automatically shuts down my baby. Literally, a black screen with no pop up warning whatsoever. It pains me every single time that happens, and now I get so paranoid when my baby starts lagging, and I'm mentally prepared that it's dying again. So paranoid, that I'd rather not use it, than it having an unexpected 'death'.

All these could have been prevented if I had my recovery disk. Yes, I do not have it with me. But in my defense, thinking that my download quota never surpasses an atrocious limit (I have this principle of not downloading songs off the internet, but rather having friends sending me theirs), I would be safe from all the malicious viruses. BUT NO. I am super damn suey.

Worse still, the ACER repair centre is... I-dunno-where-really. And I don't even know if I'm under warranty. Plus their backward technology, here, confirms the high price I have to pay to save my baby.

So here I am, camping in school, maximising my use of the internet before the library closes. If only I have a tech savvy boyfriend. Because then, he would sure come to my rescue, without charge.


posted by PURE @ 4:08 pm.

melodramatic

archives

backtalk


Blog tracker