Melodramatic

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A thought.

Was talking to a random boy friend of mine who'd just split up with his girlfriend of 3 years, and presto, he's attached again! Funny thing was, I still remember the times we chatted and he rambling on about trying to work things out and all those shit-boys-say ‘but I’m trying’ kinda talk. But 3 months later, he is once again, attached, or rather his nicks say "I am the lucky guy to have you".

I'm not being a pessimist, I assure you. It's just, someone please tell me the appropriate time frame, or break-up etiquette for anyone before it is proper to date again? Because I'm pretty sure the last relationship must have meant something for it to last 3 freaking long years.

How can one just decide that you don't love the Ex anymore, and then love someone new? HOW THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE? Cos' I simply do not comprehend that concept. And it's not that I'm not moving on, (we are still talking about this random boy friend of mine), but really, that is not how the heart works. The dick, maybe. But, most definitely, not the heart.

He enlightened me after much persuasion and asserts that he is merely generalising the male population.

You see, ladies, boys work like this.

While we are trying to salvage the pieces that’s left of the broken relationship, they conveniently let the relationship hang, hoping that it will go stale, on their part, and then decide when it's too hard to take, drops us like a penny. All this while, in their time frame, say the last 2 weeks or so of the relationship, they find a new target. Okay, too harsh. They spot new targets! Yes, plural. So, that is how, boys are able to fall back into ‘LOVE’ after just a short time.

Am I seriously alone in this thought?


hmm, unless of course, his new 'girlfriend' is the rebound! Now that, is an entirely different scenario...





posted by PURE @ 11:05 pm.

melodramatic

archives

backtalk


Blog tracker